A possible White House run for former House member and current MSNBC co-host Joe Scarborough — first floated in 2012 — may be back on the table.
In a Wednesday interview with radio host
Hugh Hewitt, Scarborough said, "I've always said I wanted to get back in."
Scarborough, who
toyed with the idea of a presidential bid in 2012, declared: "No, I won't rule anything out."
"I've always said and I've always been open about the fact that the greatest job I ever had and the greatest honor I've ever had was being in the House of Representatives," the Republican from Florida told Hewitt.
"It was an absolute thrill, and I had to get out because I had young children to raise and I wanted to be back home in Pensacola. No, I've always said I wanted to get back in. It's just a matter of time. We'll see what happens."
Politico reported that Scarborough's name surfaced last week when Weekly Standard founder Bill Kristol mentioned him in a magazine survey.
On Monday,
The Daily Caller reported it was "widely believed at MSNBC" that the "Morning Joe" co-host was "mulling a presidential bid."
The Daily Caller reported that former Bush adviser Mark McKinnon said the idea was on the table "ever since we first met years ago, but always in the abstract."
“On paper, he’s a great candidate,” McKinnon told the newspaper. “He has the kind of confidence, ideas and media savvy required to make it on the big stage. And he’d be a lot of fun to watch because he wouldn’t be afraid to mix it up with anybody on any topic. I think it would be highly entertaining and good for the party.”
Related Stories:
© 2025 Newsmax. All rights reserved.