Erin Andrews reached a confidential settlement Monday in a lawsuit over the secret recording of the television reporter through a hotel peephole. She had sought $75 million, a jury awarded her $55 million.
"This litigation is over," Andrews’ lawyer Randall Kinnard said, according to
The Tennessean. "Erin Andrews is satisfied with the settlement, the terms of which are confidential."
Last month, a Nashville jury awarded Andrews $55 million in the lawsuit, saying convicted stalker Michael David Barrett was responsible for $28 million of that, with the hotel owner and operator, West End Hotel Partners and Windsor Capital Group, owing the rest. Kinnard had asked the court to apply rules that would have held the businesses responsible for the entire amount, The Tennessean said.
The newspaper’s legal analyst Mark Chalos said that uncertainty may have driven the settlement, adding that the true amount of the settlement may never be known.
"When we win in a trial, I take the position that the jury has set the floor and let's negotiate up from there," Chalos told The Tennessean.
Andrews, a Fox Sports television broadcaster and co-host of ABC's "Dancing With the Stars," sued the Marriott hotel at Vanderbuilt University for $75 million after Barrett secretly filmed her through an altered peephole in 2008. The video posted online showed Andrews naked while changing clothes. Barrett was sentenced to 30 months in prison,
E! Online reported.
Kinnard told E! Online that Andrews was “very courageous throughout this litigation."
The settlement put an end to the case, which could have drawn on for years in appeals,
The Associated Press reported.
© 2025 Newsmax. All rights reserved.